There may not be much sunshine in Bellevue at the moment, but we’re never lacking in rainbows! In fact, to cheer everyone up, Rainbow Belle has been painting beautiful rainbows everywhere!
To thank her friend for making Bellevue a more colourful place, Cupcake Belle got busy in her kitchen at Cupcake Chalet and created these special treats. Aren’t they fluttery lovely? Would you like to make them, too? Here’s how…
Make Cupcake Belle’s Rainbow CupcakesYou need:
- Colour your buttercream light blue to look like the sky (we used baby blue paste colouring) and make sure your cupcakes are completely cool. Ideally, place them in the fridge before decorating.
- Trim off the top of each cupcake so that it’s completely flat, then smooth the buttercream generously over the top using a knife or palette knife.
- Use a sharp knife to trim each rainbow belt into sections of 6 to 7cm long (not too long or they’ll flop in the middle). You need 12 mini belts in total.
- Place one mini rainbow belt on top of a cupcake, wedging each end into the buttercream to make a rainbow shape.
- Hold your mini rainbow firmly in position by placing mini marshmallows all the way around each end, to look like clouds.
Cupcakes, buttercream, sweeties and marshmallows! It’s a sweet dream come true! Now all you have to do is share them with a friend and brighten up their day. We hope you have fun making Cupcake Belle‘s creation!
Love and magic dust from the Magic Belles in Bellevue xxx