These cupcakes are so clever, they look just like real ice creams â€“ your friends will wonder why they aren’t melting! The cleverest bit is that you bake the cupcake mixture inside the cone. Here’s how to make them…
Ice-Cream Cone Cupcakes
12-hole muffin tray
Knife, bowls and spoons
Piping bag and large star nozzle (like a Wilton 1M)
12 flat-bottom ice-cream cones
For the cakes:
150g unsalted butter, softened
150g caster sugar
3 medium eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
For the frosting:
200g unsalted butter, softened
400g icing sugar, sifted
Small punnet strawberries, pureed and strained
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Plus sprinkles to decorate
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4/180ÂºC before you begin.
- Place a sheet of foil over your muffin tray and tuck it over the edges. Use a knife to make a cross over the top of each hole in the tray.
- Slot an ice-cream cone into each hole. The foil will help the cones to stand up straight.
- In a large bowl, cream your butter and sugar, then gradually stir in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold them into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the 12 cones until they’re three-quarters full.
- Bake your cakes in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. If you poke a skewer down into the centre, it should come out clean.
- Move the cakes to a cooling rack and poke the bottom of each cone with a knife to let the steam out and stop them from getting soggy. Let them cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, then stir in the strawberry puree and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag that’s fitted with a large star nozzle, then pipe swirls on top of each cupcake and finish with pretty sprinkles!
We hope you have lots of fun making Cupcake Belle‘s Ice-Cream Cone Cupcakes. Why not have fun with the flavours and make minty buttercream with chocolate flakes or lemon buttercream with white chocolate chips?
Yummy love and magic dust from Cupcake Belle in Cupcake Chalet xxx