Butterfly Belle’s Busy BeehiveYou need:
Plastic carrier bags
Yellow wool and pompoms
Glue (UHU is good)
Black embroidery thread
- Scrunch up your plastic bags and place them all inside one bag. Make a rough hive shape and tape it in place.
- Use tape to cover the hive in yellow paper.
- Spread some glue over the top of the hive, then stick the end of your yellow wool to the top centre.
- Carefully wind it around in circles, adding more glue as you go, until the hive is covered with yellow wool. Leave it to dry.
- Push the needle and black thread through the end of a yellow pompom and wind the thread around the pompom to it.
- Glue two googly eyes to one end of the pompom to make the face.
- Fold a piece of tracing paper in half. Cut out a small wing shape along the fold. Open the wings out
- Dab a little glue on the back of your bee and stick the wings on. Make more bees and glue them all over your hive.
Why not use a larger pompom to make one big bee? She can be the queen bee! Buzzzzzz! Have fun making your beehive – and don’t forget to play with the little bees! With love, honey and hugs from Butterfly Belle xxx