Making pressed flowers is easy and you can use them to make pretty pictures. Here’s how to do it…
How to Press Flowers
Lots of lovely flowers (ask a grown-up to help you cut them)
Big heavy books
- Dip your flowers in cold water and gently pat them dry with kitchen towel.
- If you want some of your flowers to lie flat with the petals spread out, ask a grown-up to trim off the stems at the back.
- Take a clean sheet of kitchen towel and fold it in half. Place it in the middle of a big heavy book.
- Arrange your flowers on the kitchen towel with a bit of space between each one.
- Fold the other half of kitchen towel over the top of the flowers and carefully close the book. Put another heavy book on top of it.
- Leave the flowers to dry out for at least two weeks â€“Â four is even better!
- Open the book and take the pressed flowers out. You’ll be able to use them to make lovely pictures!
We’d love to see your pressed flowers when they’re done – email a photo and we’ll post them here! Check back later this summer and we’ll give you some ideas of what to do with your pretty pressed flowers!
We hope you have fun! Love and magic dust from the Magic Belles in Bellevue! xxx