Sometimes she uses it in her little art gallery at Pot of Gold Place, too! In fact, just this week, she made a rainbow and caught it in a jar! Isn’t it beautiful? Would you like to make one, too? Here’s how!
Catch a Rainbow in a Jar
Cup of granulated sugar
7 plastic food bags (ziploc or self-seal)
Food colours: Red, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink
- Divide your cup of granulated sugar equally between the seven plastic food bags.
- Drop some red food colouring into the first bag, close it and knead the colour into the sugar, squishing and rubbing the bag gently until the sugar turns red.
- Do the same to make bags of yellow, green, blue, purple and pink sugar. To make orange, mix half red and half yellow colouring.
- When you’ve made all your coloured sugars, slowly pour the pink sugar into the bottom of your jar and gently tap the jar, so that the sugar spreads out evenly.
- Now pour on a layer of purple sugar and tap again, followed by blue, green, yellow, orange and â€“ the top layer – red.
- Quick… put the lid on the jar so your magic rainbow can’t escape! (And don’t forget to show your friends what you caught!)
We hope you have fun catching a rainbow in a jar â€“Â it’s a great crafty make with some magical colour-changing and tactile sugar squishing thrown in!
Have a special and wonderful week â€“ with love and magic dust from the Magic Belles in Bellevue xxx