Painted Rainbow Pumpkin
1 pumpkin, washed and dry
Acrylic paint in all colours of the rainbow, plus brown
Glitter glue in all colours of the rainbow, plus gold
- Make sure your pumpkin is completely dry and squeeze your seven rainbow paint colours onto your paint palette.
- You can use the ridges in your pumpkin as a guide to how wide your stripes should be or just paint on your own stripes.
- Start with a red stripe and paint stripes around the pumpkin in the order of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. Don’t worry about painting underneath the pumpkin as this won’t be seen.
- When you’ve painted on all the stripes, paint the stalk brown and let the pumpkin dry overnight.
- Now go over the top of your painted stripes with glitter glue in the same colour. Use a fat paintbrush to paint the glitter glue on.
- If you can’t get hold of glitter glue, brush each painted stripe with glue and sprinkle glitter in the same colour over the top.
- To finish, paint the stalk with gold glitter glue or sprinkle it with gold glitter.
Our Painted Rainbow Pumpkin is so easy to make and looks so much fun â€“Â and it’s perfect for little ones who don’t like spooky pumpkin carvings. Rainbow Belle calls this her Disco Pumpkin!
We hope you have a fun making it and have a very happy Halloween! With love from the Magic Belles xxx