One of her favourite flowers is roses. She loves them because they come in so many different colours and styles â€“ some grow in bushes, some climb up walls, some are big and frilly, some are small and dainty. But her favourite roses have beautiful scents, too – and she likes to collect their petals and make sweet perfume, so she can smell them for just a little bit longer.Would you like to make Flower Belle’s Rose Petal Perfume? Here’s how to do it – and you can print out her pretty perfume labels, too!
Make Rose Petal Perfume
A big handful of rose petals
Flower Belle’s special label
- Put the rose petals in a sieve and rinse them under cold water to wash off any bugs or dirt.
- Pour 100ml water into a saucepan and slowly bring it to the boil. Add the rose petals to the pan and let them simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the sieve over a large bowl and pour the contents of the saucepan into the sieve.
- Throw the mushy petals away and let the bowl of rose water cool down to room temperature.
- Over the sink, pour the rose water into a clean plastic bottle and screw on the lid.
- Download our lovely Flower Belle labels (you can design your own or use her finished one), cut one out and glue it to the bottle.
- You can keep your Rose Petal Perfume in the fridge for up to a week and use it to remind you of beautiful roses in a summer garden.
We hope you all smell sweet as roses for the rest of the week! Love and magic dust from the Magic Belles in Bellevue xxx