- Strawberries are part of the rose family.
- They begin life as flowers â€“ pretty little white flowers.
- Bees and other insects pollinate the flowers by rubbing pollen from the stamens onto the yellow centres of each flower. Once this happens, the white petals start to droop and the flowers turn into lovely, juicy strawberries.
- The little things that look like seeds on the outside of each strawberry are tiny dry fruits called achenes and each achene has its own seed inside. A strawberry has around 200 achenes on it!
- Strawberries are very good for you – they have lots of vitamin C.
- You can get yellow and even white strawberries!
And, of course, everyone knows that strawberries taste delicious! You can make them into jam, eat them with cream or ice cream or bake them in cakes! In fact, that’s what Cupcake Belle has been doing today. See how many strawberries you can spot in this picture! Are you sure you’ve got them all?
Make sure you eat some sweet strawberries this week! With love and magic dust from Cupcake Belle and friends xxx